Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fruits (Or Rather Vegetables) of Our Labor

Today I picked the first of my potato crop! We have more, but I am waiting on them to get bigger. Bad me because I forgot to take a photo of them before I cut them up to start cooking. Next time I dig some up, I'll be sure to include a photo.

There is a doe eating my field pea plants and I have to do something to stop her. I've heard of different methods, but need to find something tried and true that won't harm her. She can have some veggies AFTER they start producing!


I have learned of a new concept called Lasagna Gardening. Yes, dad, I know you can't actually grow lasagna. ;) It's more organic and less weedy than what I am doing now. I plan on looking into this a bit more and maybe start working on a spot for next year's garden. Weeding is such a bear on my hands and back, but it must be done. If I can avoid it, I will!

2 comments:

patti flynn said...

i have to find out more about lasagna gardens!

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

I've never heard of lasagna gardens. Ah something else to research lol.